Please be sure that you have bookmarked only http://infocentercalendar.mit.edu/room10-105/; otherwise clicking your bookmark will send you to an outdated page--not the current date.
The Bush Room (10-105) may be used by MIT departments, offices, or groups for MIT-focused events. The Events and Information Center manages and schedules this space. It is suggested that you print this document for future reference.
Approval of all submitted event requests is required: Room reservation requests will be approved in order of submission via the Submit Event form. Email notice of approval (or denial) will be sent upon review by a Bush Room Administrator.
Reservations may be made no more than 12 months in advance.
You are responsible for cancellation of your reservation in the Bush Room Calendar System. Please promptly remove any reservation that you know is cancelled so that other users have access. You may do this by clicking on the icon on the day of the reservation in question, select “delete event” and confirm.
Audio visual equipment
The Bush Room has some built-in AV equipment. Users are advised that there is no AV support or instruction available: please make arrangements with MIT Audio Visual to run the equipment if you do not know how to use it.
Available AV that is built into the Bush Room:
• LCD projector
• Sound system
• Electrical outlets
• 2 Analog phone jacks (phones not included)
• Digital phone jacks (phones not included)
Any other AV equipment (such as a microphone, podium, DVD player, or computer) can be ordered from MIT Audio Visual, and must be removed promptly at the end of the event.
There is no custodial service scheduled for the Bush Room: users must take responsibility for set-up, clean up, and breakdown of the room. This means including time in the reservation on either end of the event for the work to be done. The room must be returned to its original configuration after each event. (default set-up)
• No deliveries can be made to Bush Room outside of room reservation scheduled time.
• Arrange furniture set-up or re-setting of the room to the default set-up if needed. Facilities require a lead-time of 3–5 days for set-up/breakdown orders. Note: cleaning services are not included in set-up or breakdown orders, and must be placed as a separate work order.
• If you need furniture other than what is provided in 10-105, you must contact an outside vendor and arrange for set-up and pick-up of rented furniture.
• Doors to the Bush Room are always locked when the room is not in use, so users must pick up a key (day before or day of event) from the MIT Events and Information Center, Room 7-121, Monday-Friday, 9 am to 5 pm. The key must be returned either immediately following an event or on the next weekday. Failure to return the key can result in a $200 fine and inconvenience to the group with the next reservation. Arrangements for key pick up should be made in advance for events that begin before 9 am, after 5 pm, or anytime during the weekend. Keys are not available from Facilities or Campus Police.
• There is no fee to use the space, but we do require an account number. This number will be charged in the event of damage to the furniture, loss of the key, or required custodial services.
The room must be left ready for the next group: locked, clean, empty, lights off.
• Door must be locked with key, turn key to the right and listen for click, turn latch to make sure door is locked. Return keys to room 7-121.
• Remove all catering debris; please make arrangements with the caterer to pick up dispensers and other equipment promptly. Please make use of the vacuum cleaner in the storage closet if needed.
• Dispose of leftover food and empty all trash and recycling cans. Please place all bagged garbage and recycling in the hallway outside the kitchen, and place a fresh bag inside each trash/recycling can. Bags are in the kitchen below the sink.
• Please avoid placing tables against grey fabric walls. This will damage the fabric.
• Clean all tables and countertops. Windex and paper towels are in the kitchen
• Table clips are a good way to attach skirts to tables. Please avoid using tape and Velcro on the tables because they ruin the finish; a $50 fee may be assessed for any damaged table.
• Absolutely NO affixing any banners, posters, charts, etc. on walls, windows, chalkboard, doors or other surfaces in the room.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Network traffic may be causing this delay. You can click here to stop waiting, but you may need to repeat your last action.